Send an email to n.n.proofedits(at)gmail(dot)com with the following information:
- A short description of your work (genre and format - i.e. is it a manuscript, website content, etc.)
- Exact length (word count)
- State whether you are interested in a proof-edit, development edit, or beta-read (as described on the Editing Services page).
- For longer works over 50 pages, attached a 10 page sample, or three chapters, so that a fair evaluation can be made regarding the editing fee
What happens next?
1.You will receive a reply with a quote for completion time and cost.
2. If you are happy with the time frame and cost, respond as soon as possible to ensure the time frame can be met. Due to other work load, if a response is not received within three days, the quoted time frame may change.
Now is also the time to mention if there are any trouble areas you want me to specifically focus on during the proof-edit. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
3. You will received a contract via email containing any specific requests you have made as well as the agreed time frame and cost.
4. Return the signed contract. For works over 18,000 words, a 30% deposit is due before the proof-edit begins.
5. Upon completion of the proof-edit, you will receive an email with the finished proof-edits attached. The full or remaining balance (minus deposit) is due within 48 hours.